25 May 2011

The Black and White Approach or Why the Horse is Shot

As usual, stumbling over human perceptions in daily life and trying to bring it on paper. On screen, to be exact.

What I hear when observing some things going wrong, is often that I would be 'critical'. Worse is even if it is expressed as I would 'see things only black and white' or even 'negative'. Fortunately, nothing of this is true at all, but the opposite.

The point is that I see if a horse is laming. 

If it does, I must hint at this so that measures can be taken in time. To prevent that the laming leg gets worse and in the end, the horse needs to be shot. 

I don't want the horse to be shot and will have done my best to assess, diagnose and in best case to heal the leg in time.

That's all I do but people don't want to hear that. Despite a very clear communication and deep consideration of which words I use, people drag my words on a level where it gets black and white, and I am extremely sorry for this, over and over. Because I see, this way of thinking must be in people.

Black and white filtering is reptile functionality and certainly lifesaving at a very early stage in life where differentiation abilities are not yet well developed.

Just needed
to get this
in words.

Sincerely
yours,
Lyn


No comments:

Post a Comment